For years, my headphones of choice have been on-ear ones. Unfortunately, in this post pandemic world, big on-ear headphone have become a bit of a hassle. When wearing a mask, it can be difficult to navigate around the headphones to pull the mask on and off. I started to think about hanging up my stereo on-ear headphones in favour of lighter, more portable ones.
That’s just one of the reasons that I jumped at the chance to try the new Pixel Buds Pro.
- Enjoy up to 31 hours of listening time and wireless charging
- They come in 3 colours: charcoal, fog and lemongrass.
- Transparency mode lets you hear outside sounds in real time so you can be more aware of your surroundings.
- They come with Active Noise Cancellation with Silent Seal
- Pixel Buds Pro are $299
From the moment you connect the Pixel Buds Pro to your phone, it’s a seamless Android experience. As you all know, I’m #TeamAndroid and currently have a Pixel phone. Once the Pixel Buds were on, they immediately connected to my phone.
The Pixel Buds Pro launch into a tutorial once connected. To ensure a perfect fit, it checks to make sure that your ear tip seal is correct. If it’s not, it recommends a larger or smaller ear tip.
Once the Pixel Buds Pro were connected, I used them to commute, take calls and listen to music. The sound levels were perfect, with a good amount of bass. The Buds didn’t leak sound, so my neighbors didn’t have to hear my music. When I made calls, voices were crisp and clear. On the other end of the phone, everyone was able to hear me clearly as well. The battery life was pretty good, I charge them every other day.
Here’s what I loved:
- The ear buds actually fit in my ears properly! I have very small ears and usually the earbuds fall out. Thanks to the adaptive tip, this didn’t happen.
- The touch gestures are intuitive and easy to use to pause, play and skip songs.
- Transparency mode was perfect for exiting the streetcars and crossing the street. I could still hear what was going on, but also could hear my music.
- As your turn up the volume, the built in Volume EQ adjusts the tuning so that the mids, lows and highs are perfectly adjusted at any level.
- The build quality of the buds are excellent. They feel sturdy but light.