There’s so much to see and do in Ontario! Did you know that you can visit the southern most point in Canada for a weekend in Ontario? I went to Pelee Island this summer and had a blast! It’s about a 3.5 hour drive from Toronto, and then a 1.5 hour ferry ride. Here’s what I did while I was there!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but all opinions remain my own.
We stayed in a comfortable Modern Double Bed room. There were tons of power outlets, which I loved, because I travel with a million things that need to be charged up. The beds were especially cozy, with seven (7!) layers of luxury bedding. I had a great sleep. (more…)
We were SO LUCKY to be in Japan during cherry blossom season. It was amazing and insane. Everything was sakura (cherry in Japanese!) themed. Vendors set up stalls in parks, selling all kinds of treats, including fish on sticks. People picnicked under the blossoms. Temples and parks offered night time illumination events.
Even the restaurants got into it! Starbucks had a special sakura blossom menu that included special drinks, cherry blossom cake and beautiful mugs that I was unable to get my hands on. McDonalds had sakura french fries, sakura milkshake and a sakura burger. (The sakura fries were delicious.)
Here are my photos from visiting the cherry blossoms in April in Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo.
1. You need this Sea to Summit ($40)duffel bag. It squishes down into a tiny pouch, perfect for stashing in your purse when you don’t need it, but will unfold into a full sized duffel bag for your extra shopping. (You can find it cheaper online.)
4. This huge Helmet Tote Bag by Flight 001 is what I carry for as a purse when I travel on planes. Maybe it’s a bit like cheating. All I know is that it holds everything, and doesn’t count as a carry-on.
5. Kikkerland luggage scales are the best because they are pretty and functional. This particular model will be online for spring, but you can check out this one in the meantime.
6. A cute Luggage Tag ($9.00) is a no brainer. It’ll help you spot your luggage and helps people find it if lost.
7. Hate chipping your manicure while on vacation? Take it all off with OPI’s Wipe Off wipes! Take off the polish quickly and easily.
What do you do when the February blues have got you down, and you feel the need for a little break? You take a staycation, of course. In a city as vast as Toronto, we’re spoiled for our choice of hotels. (more…)