Do you love homestyle cooking that uses quality ingredients? A new restaurant called Farmr in the St Lawrence Market area is serving up delicious meals.
The concept behind Farmr is simple, rustic homestyle cooking that changes with the seasons. The menu is set up in a way that’s different from most restaurants. Guests will choose a protein, a base and sides for their meal. (more…)
Growing up, I’ve always had a stand mixer in my kitchen. This is because my mom is a baker. To me, a stand mixer is a necessity to bake picture perfect cakes, breads and pies. Of course, you don’t need a stand mixer to bake, but doesn’t it make everything easier? (more…)
Are you ready for a food filled weekend at Taste of Toronto? This weekend from June 15th – 19th, Toronto’s biggest food festival is coming to town! Taste of Toronto’s stellar line up of chefs include:
• Afrim Pristine (The Cheese Boutique)
• Alec Martin (Hawker Bar)
• Carl Heinrich (Richmond Station)
• Claudia Bianchi and Justin Cournoyer (Actinolite)
• Cory Vitiello (Flock)
• David Lee (Nota Bene)
• David Neinstein (Barque)
• Elia Herrera (Los Colibris)
• Grant van Gameren (Bar Isabel and Bar Raval)
• Hans Vogels (Momofuku Noodle Bar)
• Ivana Raca (Raca Café & Bar)
• Kazuki Uchigosi and Michael Acero (Miku)
• Mark McEwan (The McEwan Group)
• Michael Hunter (Antler Kitchen and Bar)
• Michael van den Winkel (Little Sister and Noorden Food Bar)
• Rob Bragagnolo (Carver and Campo Food Hall)
• Trevor Lui (Kanpai Snack Bar)
• Sonia Mondino (Pray Tell)
• Sylvain Assié (Café Boulud)
• Rob Gentile (Bar Buca)
• Ted Corrado and Alexandra Feswick (The Drake)
• Victor Barry (Piano Piano) (more…)
Every so often, I get an even invitation that’s outside of my regular hood, but the invite sounds so tempting that I can’t resist! In this case, I trekked out to Etobicoke (okay, it’s really not that far but feels far coming from the east end!) to attend a dinner for Braiseryy. I was so glad that I did, because it was delicious, and I’ll definitely be visiting it again! (more…)
I love Shops at Don Mills, because it’s where I go when I want to be around great restaurants and do some shopping..but without going downtown.
Fabbrica is one of the oldest restaurants in the Shops. I’ve watched new restaurants come and go (I’m talking to you, P.F Chang) but Fabbrica hasn’t faltered. (more…)
I’ve always been a sucker for pasta. All those delicious carbs, smothered in tomato or pesto sauce, and then covered with cheese? Yes please. Catelli pasta had a fun event to celebrate their 150th birthday. (more…)
When I heard that one of my favourite restaurants Paramount Fine Foods at Liberty Village was having a tasting, there was no way I couldn’t be there! With items like their famous hummus, manakeesh, and flavourful wraps, Paramount has a variety of Middle eastern flavours to satisfy every palate.
For the appetizer, I got my favourite item on the menu which is quite new, the Yalla Special, a dish with fries, topped with chicken shawarma, garlic sauce, and tahini sauce. All of the flavours combined make for the ultimate Lebanese poutine (minus the cheese).