The Body Shop hosted a fun event to share what’s new for this holiday season! They went all out, and had carolers greeting us at the door when we walked in, and gingerbread decorating. It was magical!
1. Festive Small Ginger Sparkle Set ($20): Nothing says Christmas like the spicy scent of gingerbread! Treat someone to this set that includes
- Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel 250ml
- Ginger Sparkle Body Butter 50ml
- Ginger Sparkle Body Polish 75ml
- Ginger Sparkle Mini Heart Soap 25g
2. White Musk Smoky Rose Perfume ($24)
This is daring and mysterious musk fragrance, this seductive eau de parfum features an intoxicating blend of cruelty-free musk with notes of black smoky rose and tobacco flower.
3. This Festive Reindeer Sponge is just so cute! Great stocking stuffer.
4. Vanilla Bliss Body Butter ($20) This body butter is truly blissful!
5. Ginger Sparkle Heart Soap This spicy sparkling soap is a fun treat!
It’s Monday! Chase away those Monday blues with a bright, fun polish to kick-start your week!
The Corrupted Neon collection by Ciate ($25) is a set of four vibrant colours that glow under a blacklight. The colours are Tropicana orange, Foam Party blue, Megaphone yellow and Shout Out pink.
This is Foam Party with two coats. I think that three coats would be best for this polish. I really liked the subtle glitter.
Your kit comes with a paint pot polish, neon glitter and a black light topcoat. A word of warning- the glitter has no stopper when you open it. It is pure glitter, and everything will be glitter-fied. So be careful when opening!
After you’ve painted on two or three coats, sprinkle the glitter over your nails while still wet. When the nails are dry, paint with the blacklight topcoat. Now all you need is a blacklight and you’re set!
Ciate has generously given me some kits to giveaway. If you’d like to win one, enter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Philosophy endeared themselves to me early on with their, “Falling in Love” perfume. It’s one of my favourites. I also quite like their Purity skin cleanser- so I especially like this!
Philosophy has an awesome new campaign for the holidays, and want you to get involved! Send sweet wishes to your family and friends, and philosophy will gift you a free 30ml bottle of the award-winning purity made simple skin cleanser. From November 11th to December 8th you can enter by going to www.philosophy-wishes.com. As more wishes are sent, the number of lights on the holiday tree hosting on the website will increase to show love spreading all over the world! Isn’t that sweet? On December 9th, those who sent sweet wishes will receive an email with a coupon to pick up their free gift at select philosophy Hudson’s Bay counters across Canada from December 9th to 19th. Better hurry! Although the tree will continue to be filled with twinkling lights, only the first 2000 sweet wishes are eligible for the purity gift. Send your wishes here www.philosophy-wishes.com. To sweeten the deal even further, philosophy is giving one lucky reader a bliss filled prize pack! One lucky winner will get: The giveaway package will include the following products:
- 240ml purity 3-in-1 cleanser
- living grace discovery set
- the fruitcake mix
- sweet fluffy cupcake
Yum! To enter, follow the instructions below. a Rafflecopter giveaway
I have a mild (okay, not so mild) obsession with my nails, so I cheerfully accepted an invitation to an evening of avocado beauty treatments and manicures!
The event was organized by Miss.AvaCado from Avocados from Mexico at the beautiful Tips Nail Bar. This was my first time at the new location of Tips, and I loved it! I especially like the hand drawn picture frames all around the wall. There was a yummy selection of avocado snacks to be had.
The evening got started with an avocado hand mask. To get the full benefit of the hand mask, we weren’t allowed to use our hands for 20 minutes (a fact they revealed after we were all avocado-d up 😉 ) I never realized how addicted I am to my phone!
While our hands got glam under the avocado mask, we chatted about avocados.
Avocados are nutrient-dense and contain highly coveted unsaturated oils that can penetrate deep skin tissue. This makes them easily absorbent and superior moisturizing. Avocados make a great face mask and you can even use them as a hair mask! (1 avocado, 1 egg yolk & 1/2 a teaspoon of olive oil. Easy peasy!)
After the 20 minutes were up, my skin felt smoother and looked a bit brighter. Then it was manicure time! I choose a CND VINYLUX™ Weekly Polish in Bloodline.
I loved it! So shiny and it lasted just under a week. I enjoyed the event and had fun meeting beauty bloggers!
Why not whip up your own Avocado Hand Treatment? This takes 5 minutes to make and is enough for one person.
1/4 fully ripened avocado from Mexico
1 egg white*
2 tablespoon rolled oats
1 tablespoon lemon juice
In shallow bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Add egg white, oats and lemon juice.
Massage into hands; leave mixture on for 20 minutes (don’t balefully stare at your untouchable phone- watch an episode of Say Yes to the Dress!)
Rinse off and enjoy your smooth hands!
It’s always fun to experience the hustle and bustle of backstage at Fashion Week!
Beauty expert, Grace Lee, glammed up the models for the various shows during Fashion Week.
This look is about creating one look for two designers. A red lip is universally beautiful look and very classic. Grace created contoured cheeks, and a full brow.
For gloss, the model is wearing vivid red, with the new Maybelline New York Color Elixir on top. Grace demonstrated to show me how glossy this new product is. She said it combined the shine of a gloss with the colour of a lipstick. I’m sold! It looks beautiful. These elixirs will come out in November.
The next look was created for the Melissa Nepton show.
“This look is definitely one of my favourites! Colourful, bright, spring-inspired yellow lids complement the pink all over the face. We’ve created a bit of a different take on blush, which draws even more attention to the eyes.” – Grace Lee, Lead Makeup Artist, Maybelline New York Canada
Get The Look:
Dab Maybelline New York EyeStudio Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow in Wild Gold into the inner corners of the eye and Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow in Fierce n’ Tangy onto the centre of the eyelid.
Apply the Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow in Pink Rebel in a c-shape along the temple, much like you would apply a bronzer or highlight. Add mascara to the top and bottom lashes to complete the look.
Until next Fashion Week!
Fall is here! Fall is here! Here are some of my favourite things.
1. Seche in Ostentatious: I know you all love this brand for their glossy top coats- but have you tried the polish? This one coat polish goes on strong and lasts for days!
2. Demeter Saltwater Taffy: Summer is gone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t hang on to the memories. Spritz on this salty sweet perfume and be transported!
3. RiRi Woo Fall Collection: This popular lipstick gets dressed up for fall in a rose gold metallic.
4. clinique All About Shadow: Clinique has revamped their eyeshadow formula and released new eye popping shades. Now easier to use than ever with numbered palettes for a fast smokey eye.
5. Fresh Yoga & Fitness Wear Wash: Fall means back to work! Don’t forget to work out- keep your gear fresh by washing it in this specially formulated plant based wash.
6. Stila Color Outside The Lines Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Set: This adorable set comes with 5 liners in black, emerald, aubergine, navy and brown. They go on so smooth!
7. Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow: Comes in an array of shades to match your skin-tone and offers light, bright coverage. Perfect if you want your skin to breathe and look moisturized while hiding flaws.
I bet you’ve been stressed out with the end of summer and all of this back to school jazz. Well, it’s time to take a load off at Spa Week!.
What’s Spa Week, you ask? Spa Week occurs in tandem across North America. It’s a special week where an array of spa services are available for $50. You can get facials, manicures, massages, body polishes…the list of treatments are endless. And only for $50!
I really like this, because it gives people that wouldn’t necessarily go to a spa a chance to experience it. Many of these treatments are about $100, so it’s a great deal!
I booked a massage at Holt Renfew’s Spa, and I can’t wait! There are many services being offered for only $50! Book your treatment today, spots are filling up fast! Spa Week is from October 15th to October 21.