With TIFF rolling into town and everyone beautifying for the star studded film fest, I chatted with Lexi Miles, the founder of the ultra luxe spot, Waxon Waxbar, about all thing unwanted hair.
What’s the most popular waxing service for women and men?
The Brazilian! A lot of Women are all about going bare down there – the smoother the better! For Men, ‘ The Full Back Combo ’ is the most popular male service and we aren’t complaining about it. When it comes to manscaping, we advise clients it’s all about personal preference but we draw the line at back and shoulder hair…guys, it’s just not hot. (more…)
MAC tends to make my favourite lip glosses ever. So you can understand that I was excited to hear about their new, pigment loaded glosses, Vamplify. One swipe gives a pop of dramatic colour filled with moisturizing, natural oils. (more…)
The best part about summer ending is that we all get to break out the fall beauty! Fall collections have my favourite colours- deep reds, midnight blues and shimmering silvers. The Dior fall collection features my favourite shades and some new surprises.
These glossy, rounded sticks are the new DIORBLUSH Cheek Sticks ($34). These velvet colour creme blushes are perfect for travel or on the go. The texture blends into a blush that you can build up or down. (more…)
Summer isn’t over yet! Here are my favourite hot weather picks.
1. Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen ($32): My favourite sunscreen for daily use, and it comes in a super unique rubber purple bottle.
2. NARS Audacious Mascara ($34) This new mascara has 200 molded bristles and lengthening hooks to maximize your lashes.
3. THEFACESHOP Real Nature Mask – Aloe
($2)The South Korean face mask craze has come to Canada! THEFACESHOP has tons of different masks to up your skin game. I like this aloe one!
4. Life Brand SPF 50 Lotion ($11) This sunscreen is great for outdoor activities, is waterproof and moisturizing to boot.
5. Life Brand After Sun Aloe Gel ($7) This soothing gel is the key to cooling down after a day on the beach.
6. YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain ($36) These glossy stains are my favourite! They give your lips a sheer, shiny colour with a jelly consistency. Think jello.
7. GOSH Giant Blush This giant blush is a extremely portable cream blush.
8. Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil ($12) This gel eyeliner glides on smooth for a extra long lasting bold look.
9. eos Shave Cream ($3.50) This new shave cream packs in 24 hours of hydration and deep moisture. I like vanilla bliss!
I’m a bit of a perfume addict. I have different ones for different occasions, and several that I discover that I’ve stashed inside purses and forgotten about.
My Marc Jacobs fragrances are never forgotten or lost in a purse. They’re put up carefully and taken out for special occasions.
Marc Jacobs newest perfume, Mod Noir, may be my favourite fragrance from him yet. I liked Daisy Dream, but Mod Noir just seems to speak to me. (more…)
Looking for your perfect shade of matte lipstick? Maybelline’s Lip Studio Colour Blur Matte Lipsticks include 10 cream matte shades from bright and bold to those on the more neutral side.
The thin lip pencil’s creamy formula allows for perfect application. Go for a bold look by applying the lipstick traditionally, or try a new look by applying colour only to the center of your lips, and then using the sponge at the end of the stick to blur out the colour for a softer look. My personal favorite is Partner in Crimson.
Which is your favourite? Check out the entire 10 shade collection here.
For the last month or so, I’ve been trying something new! Jergens has released a new line of lotions that you put on while your skin is wet. Yep, this lotion is specially developed for use on just showered skin!
If you’re like me, and always get ready in a rush, this lotion is perfect because it absorbs quickly and doesn’t need to be rinsed off.
Jergens® Moisturizer for Wet Skin is coming out this July.
This new moisturizer is oil-infused and locks in hydration when skin is most
receptive for 2x more luminous skin. (more…)