January stated off slow for me, and started ramping up pretty quickly! I’ve been to a number of events this month, but my favourite event was the launch of Toronto’s first Escents store at The Holt Renfrew Centre.
Escents is an aromatherapy store that was founded in 1992 in Vancouver by Jacqui MacNeill. Here, things work a little differently. You first choose your Scentless product, and then choose custom scents to add to it.. They have over 100 scents to choose from, not including combinations that you can create. Essential oils sold by the drop is also available, which is pretty cool. If you’re looking for a drop of an expensive oil like rose, you can buy a single drop to add to your face cream. (more…)
With so many amazing gifts for the beauty addict on your list (or maybe a treat for you!), how do you choose? I’ve narrowed it down for you with some of my favourites!
1. NARS x Steven Klein Magnificent Obsession http://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/magnificent-obsession-cool-red-lip-set/0607845038849.html
2. The Most Wonderful Things ($79) The best of philosophy packed into a beautiful box. Includes the amazing Purity Made Simple!
3. Holiday Makeup Bag ($33) I can’t get enough of this super cute makeup bag from Sephora! It also has a fun print lining the inside.
4. eos Holiday Decorative Collection: Get creative with this set of 3 lip balms (Sweet Mint, Pomegranate Raspberry and Limited Edition Vanilla Bean) They come with stickers to customize your balm.
5. Smashbox 25th Anniversary Lip Palette ($79 at Shoppers Drug Mart) This beautiful set is a lipstick addicts dream! Filled with 25 shades named after celebs, well known photographers and celeb stylists.
6. Irresistibly Polished Lip Gloss ($42) Be perfectly polished at all times with this mini nude lip gloss palette from MAC.
10. OPI Starlight Collection ($11.50 CAD) in 18 limited-edition shimmering holiday hues.
8. Best Bite Rewind ($29) 4 Mini Matte Crème Lip Crayons in eye popping shades, packaged in a cute tin! The best part? This brand is Canadian!
In the winter, it’s perfectly acceptable to be obsessed with making sure that your lips are perfectly moisturized. And to maybe have one, two, or eight different lip balms. Because you never know when you might need one, or when you might run out!
Burt’s Bees lip balms are perfect to stash in your purse and to keep your lips soft. It also helps that they come in the most amazing flavours. (more…)
Okay, lets take a deep breathe because it’s almost time for the holidays! I love all of the holiday beauty collaborations, and will be sharing my favourite ones here. The first one I want to share is QUO! QUO held a lovely holiday event at the oh so delicious Cluny Bistro.
The Quo holiday collection has pretty gift sets, stocking stuffers and beautiful compacts. Take a look!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Fall is the best time for new makeup! Check out my favourites from Stila.
Stila Wonder Brush For Face and Body
The Stila Wonder Brush is a large flat fluffy brush perfect for contouring. The synthetic bristles are great for concentrating product in areas such as hollow of the cheeks so you won’t end up with a muddy look. It’s also great for contouring other parts of the body with liquid or powered makeup. (more…)
Ste Anne’s Spa is, without a doubt, my favourite spa in Ontario. The property is located in Grafton, within a sprawling 400 acres of countryside. This full service spa is in fact a resort with a full service restaurant, treatment rooms, outdoor water therapies, a bakery and cottages if you’d like to spend the night.
I visited the spa one weekend for a day of rest and relaxation. As soon as you step onto the property, you immediately feel welcomed by the friendly staff.