I may or may not be a tiny bit obsessed with Tokidoki. I love them and I was beyond ecstatic when I found out that they were releasing a collection of headphones with Sol Republic. I was very lucky to be able to try out a pair of their headphones! Take a look.
The Tokidoki Tracks on Ear Headphones ($199) are super unique, and well made. Simply unboxing them was lots of fun! Everything was beautifully branded, from the tissue paper right down to the limited edition keychain figurine that came with the headphones. The headphones came with three stickers and a carrying pouch.
The headphones are a bit of a DIY project. The ear cups and cable come separately. All you have to do is slide them onto the headband, plug in the cable and voila! Insta-headphones. (This also solves one of my biggest problems with headphones- usually one of the ear phones stop working because of the cable. If that happens, all you have to do is replace the cable!)
Now that they’re all set up, here are some specs!
- Powerful Sound You Can Feel: Featuring V10 Sound Engines, Tracks HD are fully loaded with deeper bass, higher vocal clarity and crisp vocals so you can feel the full power of your music.
- Listen In Comfort: Our SonicSoft™ Speaker Pads and extra wide ear cushions let you enjoy your music in comfort for hours.
- Virtually Indestructible: Constructed of a seriously advanced polymer compound, our FlexTech™ Sound Track headband is built to withstand heavy abuse. Twist it, bend it, drop it – it’s not going to break on you.
- Personal Style: The world’s first interchangeable headphones, you can swap out our Cleartalk™ cables and Sound Track headbands with ease.
- Slim-Fit Neo Case: Neoprene sleeve lets you transport your headphones with ease.
- 3-Button Mic + Music Control: Lets you adjust the volume, pause/resume/skip music and answer/hang-up calls. The high clarity mic captures every word possible.
- Compatibility: 3-button mic + music control is designed specifically for full feature compatibility with recent generations of Apple devices. The audio and mic are likely to work with most devices that have a 3.5mm jack, including but not limited to, Android, Blackberry and Windows devices.
These headphones are incredibly comfortable. The ear cushions are soft but not huge, so it’s perfect for my tiny ears. The sound is clear with a nice deep bass. I found that the sound does leak a little bit from the ear cups. The cable that comes with the headphones is not Android compatible, and didn’t work for my Motorola Razr HD. However, I bought a purple Cleartalk cable, and now it works perfectly. I can pause, skip tracks and answer the phone.
I would recommend these headphones if you are looking for a new pair of daily headphones. They are almost indestructible, comfortable and very stylish. Check out the pair I have, and the other design available!