Today I got a sneak peek of the Come Up to My Room exhibit at the Gladstone Hotel! Art is tucked into rooms and taking over walls. There are 25 installations and 40 artists. It’s such a fun exhibition- you need to go!
This year the installations can be seen from January 16 to 25, 2015.
This was my favourite installation. So cool! I want one in my house. Listen to a video of it here.
In a Space is a graphic design installation – curated by Carla Poirier and featuring the talents of Jan Avendano, Rose Broadbent, Petra Cuschieri, Martina Hwang, Jacqueline Lane, Jessica Leong, Teresa Tam, Emma Wright – that explores physical composition through the lens of graphic design.
TextTiles’ designers Sander Freedman, Riyad Bacchus, and Andrey Chernykh present Common Thread, a project inspired by a talented and successful carpet designer’s story of carpet-weavers in countries like Nepal and Iran.
Denise St. Marie and Timothy Walker, Timeanddesire, explores new genre artwork throughout the public realm as well as galleries.
Innerventions involves a series of subtle interventions found throughout the Gladstone. Signs have been installed in various locations, as well as some text art for the keen observer.
Check out some other installations below!
The CUTMR schedule also includes a special opening reception, Eyes on Design with Stephen Eyes, and a massive Love Design Party on Saturday, January 25th:
– Press Preview: Thursday, January 23rd, 4pm to 6pm
– Eyes on Design w/ Stephen Eyes: Thursday, January 23rd, 8pm in the Ballroom, Admission is $10
– Collage Party in the Melody Bar: Saturday, January 25th, 10am to 4pm
– Opening Reception: Saturday, January 25th, 7pm to 11pm
– Love Design Party: Saturday, January 25th, 10pm to 2:30am, Free Admission
– Collage Party in the Melody Bar: Sunday, January 26th, 3pm to 6pm
CUTMR’15 runs from January 16th to 25th, 2015 / $10 General or $15 Festival Pass / Monday to Friday from 12pm to 5pm / Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 7pm