Urban Decay has some new launches for spring! Check it out.
Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation ($43) comes in a beautiful gunmetal compact with a champagne Naked-embossed push button. I love the purple floral pattern on the pouch.
The formula comes in a whopping 14 shades, and lasts eight hours. This powder is weightless and buildable, and is almost creamy to the touch. I get great, luminous coverage with this powder. (more…)
I received an ARC of Sara Gruen’s “At the Water’s Edge”. Having read and liked one of her previous novels (“Water for Elephants”) I was looking forward to reading this novel, and I was not disappointed. “At the Water’s Edge” is a great story about a trio; Maddie, her husband Ellis, and their friend Hank, who go hunting for the Loch Ness monster during WWII in an attempt to redeem themselves to their disapproving families. Neither man was able to serve in the war, a point that has not gone unnoticed by society in a time when everyone is expected to do what they can. After a harrowing boat ride to Scotland, they land only to find that their problems have followed them. Things come to a head after attempts to find the monster don’t go as planned and Maddie begins to worry that things are not what they seem. (more…)
For one night, chefs, brew masters and winemakers came together for a night of food and fun in St. Lawrence Market for Recipe for Change. It’s all to raise money for a good cause.
Debbie Field has been the Executive Director of FoodShare since 1992. She first become involved in FoodShare as a parent concerned about how poor the food in her children’s elementary school was. To her, the school programs have had the most impact.
These programs include healthy school food programs and hands-on education to teach students food skills. In 2015, Debbie would like to expand the Good Food Cafe into as many high schools as possible.The Good Food Cafe is a healthy cafeteria, that serves up delicious food that is also good for you. Students enjoy a diverse menu including items such as jerk chicken, shepard’s pie, squash & bean burritos, and more!
For the public, FoodShare offers workshops year round. New this year is the FoodShare Academy series of workshops that will provide urban agriculture skills. (Check it out here!)
How can you support FoodShare? Check their website for activities and consider volunteering or donating at any time of the year.
Check out my pictures and favourite dishes from the delicious event! (more…)
We got a preview of new Hard Candy products and of popular favourites. Available exclsuivly at Wal-Mart, Hard Candy is affordable enough that you can buy all of your favourite shades, and also try out fun, bright colours. (more…)
I’m a huge cheese lover (who isn’t?) and mozzarella is right up there with some of my favourite cheese. Here’s a fast, easy recipe that you can whip up on a weeknight! I used Saputo Mozzarellissima Cheese because it melts perfectly, and is super cheesy with a delicious flavour. It’s perfect for pasta!
Ready? This dish serves 4. (more…)
Dior has a special collection for your lips this spring! They’ve released a new high shine formula gloss, new lip shades and pretty polishes. Take a look!
1. You need this Sea to Summit ($40)duffel bag. It squishes down into a tiny pouch, perfect for stashing in your purse when you don’t need it, but will unfold into a full sized duffel bag for your extra shopping. (You can find it cheaper online.)
2. You can’t go wrong with this Extra Long 6 foot USB cord ($12.50)from Kikkerland! it’s also available for iPhone.
3. These matte black Tiek ballet flats ($175) are a lifesaver. Foldable and comfy, I wear these everywhere.
4. This huge Helmet Tote Bag by Flight 001 is what I carry for as a purse when I travel on planes. Maybe it’s a bit like cheating. All I know is that it holds everything, and doesn’t count as a carry-on.
5. Kikkerland luggage scales are the best because they are pretty and functional. This particular model will be online for spring, but you can check out this one in the meantime.
6. A cute Luggage Tag ($9.00) is a no brainer. It’ll help you spot your luggage and helps people find it if lost.
7. Hate chipping your manicure while on vacation? Take it all off with OPI’s Wipe Off wipes! Take off the polish quickly and easily.