“The Girl on the Train” by Paula Hawkins was a good read. Although it’s being compared to another book at the moment (ahem – Gone Girl), I thought that this one was unique. The story is told from the perspective of 3 different women; one alcoholic ex-wife, one currently married woman, and one victim. The timeline jumps around a bit because the victim has to tell her side of the story at the same time the other two are trying to move forward in their lives, so there were a few times I had to go back and look to see what time I was supposed to be in. The characters were complex and not all likable. (more…)
Sui Dreams ($69) is the perfect perfume to wear while we are transitioning from winter to spring! The fragrance is light and long lasting. I love the bright turquoise colour!
This warm and fruity scent is a combination of citrus and vanilla. A mix of sumptuous Chinese peony, freesia and discreet white flowers keep the perfume feeling light, while vanilla, sandalwood and rare cedar wood add depth and warmth.
National Cupcake Day™ ( February 23rd) is the first-ever collaborative fundraising effort supporting animal welfare societies across Canada. Showing your support has never been easier or tastier! Get involved by signing up online now at: http://www.nationalcupcakeday.ca. Then, plan a cupcake party at work, home or school; get creative in the kitchen; and share, eat and enjoy your baked creations while collecting donations to prevent cruelty to animals. All proceeds will support furry friends,big and small, who have been abused, abandoned or are in need of help. (more…)
The Oscars are coming up this Sunday, do you have your red carpet look ready? We attended the L’Oreal Paris Red Carpet Look Event where we sipped on cocktails and saw three red carpet ready looks! ( Nearly Nude, Old Hollywood, and Smouldering Sexy )
I headed to Rock Lobster East for the first time ever for Winterlicious dinner ($25)! They served Brickworks Ciderhouse, local cider brewed at the Brickworks, and I had Brickworks Ciderhouse’s Batch: 1904. (more…)
Dior Kingdom of Colours collection for Spring 2015 is beautiful, bright and cheerful. Check it out!
1. My American Duchess by Eloisa James (Eloisa James is definitely one of my guilty pleasures.)
2. Displacement by Lucy Knisely (I loved her graphic novels, French Milk & Relish. This one seems good too!)
3. Paris for One by JoJo Moyes
4. Get in Trouble by Kelly Link (She writes fantastically creepy fantasy stories, so this should be good.)
5. Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman (I LOVE Neil Gaiman. Looking forward to this short story collection.)
6. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead (I’m so sad that this is the last book in this series. Super addictive and I’m in love with Adrian.)
7. Shadow Study by Maria Snyder (I’m so happy that this series has a new book! Excellent series for fantasy and romance lovers)
8. Sweet & Simple by Canadian Living (Filled with comforting recipes and desserts, perfect for winter.)
9. The Glittering World by Robert Levy