I am the furthest thing from sporty that you’ll probably ever see in your life. I don’t watch sports, I don’t play sports, I am decidedly “arty” if I had to pick a clique. Growing up in Canada playing piano, doing ballet and choosing to go to an art university pretty much summed that up for me.
Heaven exists, and part of it is in New Orleans, where one can get piping hot beignets 24/7 at Cafe du Monde. Twenty. Four. Seven. They are always open, and always making pillowy squares of deliciousness. (more…)
This fall, Dufflet® launched their extended gluten-free line in stores across Ontario and Quebec.
I tried one of their Lemon Tarts and was blown away! I’m not usually a fan of gluten free desserts, and I couldn’t tell the difference. The butter crust was crumbly and moist, and the lemon filling was creamy and tart. Perfection! It makes me want to taste their other baked goods…, (more…)
One of my favourite things about traveling is to discover small hotels. I would much rather stay in a cool hostel or a unique hotel than a big box hotel.
That’s why I was so happy that I was invited to stay at the International House Hotel on my trip to New Orleans! This whimsical hotel is within walking distance of all the New Orleans hot spots- the French Market, Bourbon Street and the French Quarter are just steps away. (more…)
1. MAC Rocky Horror Picture Show Collection in Sin ($17.50): MAC pays tribute to Rocky Horror Picture Show with this deliciously dark hue perfect for fall.
2. LIPPY Moisture Matte Lipstick by Butter in Ladybird ($22): This bright, moisturizing matte lasts long and provides a pop of colour!
3. Dior in Rouge Massai ($37): This limited edition shade is exclusive for fall. It’s a bold shade with a nice shine.
4. NARS Bette ($32): This dramatic shade provides one coat coverage and is enriched with ingredients to smooth and nourish lips.
5. Sonia Kashuk Lustrous Shine Lip Crayon in Dahlia ($8.99): The best value! Super long lasting pigment in an intense berry shade. Available at Target.
I was invited to the AGO one afternoon to check out a preview of the new Alex Colville exhibition. Alex Colville is one of the first internationally acclaimed Canadian Visual Artists. As a special treat, the AGO has a retrospective exhibition of some of the artist most re known bodies of work. His daughter Ann Kitz attended the press conference to discuss her father’s work. (more…)