I had such a good time camping at Bon Echo in 2012 that I went back again this summer! Bon Echo is a massive provincial park about 4 hours away from Toronto. The campsites are spacious and secluded. (more…)
Month: August 2014
Miss Manga Mascara is part of L’Oreal Voluminous collection. The brush is full with compact bristles on the outer tips that allow for fanned out lashes while the inner corners of the brush is still compact but on a smaller scale with less bristles which allows for reaching smaller areas. (more…)
The other day I was treated to a night of pizza and gelato. Yes…you heard right. Pizza and gelato, together at last? Where is this magical place? G for Gelato!
Not only do they make some of the best gelato around, they are also pretty damn good at making delectable pizza pies. (more…)
As we drift into cooler summer and pre fall weather, it’s the perfect time to go camping! The bugs are dead, it’s not so hot, and if you wait long enough, you just may see some fall colours. Check out my picks for camping gear!
1. Poppytalk for Target: This collection may be running low in your store, so if you see it, grab it! The skewers are the best- the extend!
2. Coleman Popcorn Maker: This was so much fun to use over an open fire!
3. Coleman Excursion Cooler: Super portable and keeps drinks cool!
4. PC S’mores Grill Rack: need I say more? Available in select Loblaw banner stores including Real Canadian Superstores. www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca.
5. PC Geometric Plates: Super cute pattern! Available in select Loblaw banner stores including Real Canadian Superstores. www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca.
6. PC Beach Mat: Excellent if you are like me and dislike sitting on the ground. Available in select Loblaw banner stores including Real Canadian Superstores. www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca.
Ah, Kelley Armstrong. She’s one of the authors (and she’s Canadian!) that I truly love. Her new series, Cainsville heads into slightly darker horror territory than usual.The main character, Olivia, has a gift of seeing omens.
It took me awhile to get into this series, but with this second book I’m definitely hooked. I love the dynamic between Gabriel and Olivia and the Celtic and fae mythology woven into the story. Those looking for a bit of spice that Kelley is known for certainly won’t be disappointed. The story is gripping and I couldn’t put it down. Can’t wait until the next one!
Thanks to Random House, you can win both books in the series!
Hey movie lovers! Get ready to watch your movies in utter luxury at the brand new Shops at Don Mills VIP Cineplex Theater. This is the first stand alone, 19+ VIP theater in Canada. The huge space has 5 auditoriums, a outdoor patio, bar and lounge area. (more…)
Whether you’re playing with friends on a dock, by the pool or on your patio table…any time can be game time! One evening I was invited to spend the evening playing board games at Snakes and Lagers with Mattel. Snakes and Lagers is a board game bar…which means you can drink while you play! (more…)