Chocolate Orange Biscuits are a perfect treat for a Valentine’s Day breakfast! They’re also super easy to make. I love using Green & Black chocolates because they are high quality, organic and fair trade. Let’s get baking!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup of coarsely chopped dark Green & Black chocolate.
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbs. margarine (or butter)
3/4 cup of 2% milk
Zest of 1 orange
1.Heat the oven on to 400 F
2.Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest and half of the chocolate together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in the margarine using a pastry blender or using two knives. Mix until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour in the milk.
5. Using a fork, stir together the mixture until it forms a shaggy dough.
7. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Knead just until the dough comes together.
8. Pat the dough into a round shape 3/4″ thick.
9. Use a knife or cookie cutter to create a heart shape and transfer to baking tray.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
11. In a small bowl, melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle on the tops of the biscuit